BUSINESS MADE PERSONAL
To source the right solution, we require data. Our personal information charter details the standards you can expect from us if we request or hold your information, so you can stay informed.
We collect personal information to enable us to carry out our functions – either directly from you and or from our delivery partners, such as schools and colleges.
If we ask for your personal information, we’ll:
- Tell you the reasons we’re asking for it
- Only ask for the information we need
- Make sure we don’t keep it for longer than necessary
- Protect it and make sure only the appropriate people have access to it
- Let you know if we’ll share it with other organisations
- Keep it up to date where necessary
- Consider privacy risks when we’re planning to change the way we use or hold it
- Train our staff to ensure we use and protect it properly
HOW TO FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU
Under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018, you’re entitled to ask us:
- If we’re processing your personal data
- For a description of the data we hold about you
- The reasons we’re holding the data and who we may disclose it to
- For a copy of your personal data and any details of its source
You’re also entitled to ask us to change the information we hold about you if it’s wrong. Please let us know as soon as possible if there are any changes to your personal information.
If you want to see your personal data, you should make a ‘subject access request’. If you want more information about how we process your personal data, please email us at email@example.com
Please be as specific as you can about the information you’re asking us about. If possible, state which part of the department is holding the information and why.
Before we can consider your request, we may need to check your identity and your right to access the information you’re requesting. This means we may ask you to supply a copy of the identification pages of your current passport or photo driving licence. We may also ask for proof of your current address.
We will try to respond to your request within one month of receiving it. If your request is complex, we may extend the period by a further 2 months, we will confirm this in writing.
HOW WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All staff receive training on how to handle personal information confidentially. Staff that handle large volumes of personal data receive in-depth training every year.
When we share personal information
- We may get information about you from other people and certain other organisations
- We may share information we hold about you with certain organisations where the law allows it, or if we have a legal obligation to do so
- There may be some circumstances where we’ll need to share information about you with others without your consent. For example, this might be to prevent or detect a crime, or to comply with our obligations under safeguarding laws. In all cases, we’ll comply with all data handling legislation including the Data Protection Act 2018
How long we’ll keep your information
- We will only keep your information for as long as necessary after which point we will securely destroy it
- There are circumstances where we need to keep your information indefinitely for research and statistical purposes. We have measures to safeguard this information
Use our contact form if you need to contact us or have questions regarding data protection.
How can we help?
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.